SEND RESUMES TO:
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT IN PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
- Reports to Lead Administrative Assistant
- Provide shared administrative support to Asset Managers (commercial properties) and four Regional/Area Managers (residential properties) and assist with special projects
- Interface with tenants, vendors, and off-site employees
- Obtain proposals and assist in the arrangements for repairs/preventive maintenance, upkeep and prepare comparison sheet for review for all properties
- Handle tenant emergencies
- Prepare Expense Authorizations for invoices on a daily basis and give to Asset Managers to approve for payment
- Prepare welcome packages for new and renewing tenants
- Prepare letters; prepare signature blocks and indemnity agreements for contracts
- Assist managers and leasing with marketing vacant space
- Maintain all vacant suites in a neat, clean and orderly manner
- Maintain and follow up on insurance certificates on tenants and vendors
- Assist in preparation and/or distribute lease abstracts, amendments, move-out reports, residential landlord reports, memos, etc.
- Prepare rent increase letters to tenants based on Consumer Price Index
- Assist in the collection and timely deposit of specified rents
- Prepare legal notices (30 Day Notices, 10 Day Notices), Lease Amendments, Lease Cancellations, and Assignments of Lease
- Prepare attorney letter for delinquent accounts and create a legal file
- Prepare partial payment letters to delinquent tenants and update Notice Log
- Update Rent Roll Notebook for President (shared by other Administrative Assistants)
- Assist with monitoring tenant activities for compliance with lease terms
- File correspondence, legal documents, memos, etc. in tenant lease files or property administrative files; maintain files in a neat and orderly condition
- Serve as a liaison between supervisor and other team members
- Maintain percentage rent system (gross sales) for retail tenants
- Assist in developing annual operating budgets and monitors financial expenditures to ensure compliance with the financial expectations of the owner and allows the property to remain within budget
- Maintain keys on commercial vacancies
- Prepare tenant move out/TSR and other forms
- Assist in annual audit of property inventory
- Provide same day/next day follow up to all tenant service requests assuring satisfaction with response time and resolution. Document corrective action and review with supervisor.
- Manage a wide variety of special projects associated with the renovation/remodel of properties and tenant spaces
- Attend monthly administrative assistant meetings coming prepared to learn, participate and create harmony within the team
- Submit all requested reports
- Various duties assigned to specific Administrative Assistants such as maintain tickler file; maintain employee birthday list and send birthday cards to in-house/off-site employees; prepare monthly CPI memo for in-house distribution; assist with sending out monthly statements; collect, date stamp and distribute daily mail; collect information for monthly calendar; maintain cellular phone and pager accounts; maintain subscription accounts; update various lists; maintain credit card accounts; maintain property management library
- Expected to get Notary Public certification
- Assist in the training of new administrative assistant staff as requested
- Assist President and Property Managers with any and all projects they have
Real Estate Investment Firm in multi housing, retail, an luxury homes is adding a new position due to company growing.
Highly prefer some real estate development industry experience and Yardi software
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Cash management including placement and movement of funds in various accounts
- Reconcile investment accounts on a monthly basis
- Oversee accounting activities required to maintain general ledger
- Timely reporting of all monthly financial information
- Resolve complex accounting issues
- Analyze and research reporting issues to improve accounting operations procedures
- Manage monthly closing of financial records and posting of month-end information
- Prepare general ledger entries
- Review invoices and check requests for accuracy and value
- Sort and match invoices and check requests
- Process bills in the accounting system
- Set invoices up for payment
- Initiate and execute cost savings plans
- Process check requests
- Prepare and process accounts payable checks, wire transfers and ACH payments
- Reconciliation of payments
- Prepare analysis of accounts
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Resolve invoice discrepancies
- Vendor file maintenance
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Cash flow management
- Produce monthly and ad hock reports, including budget performance and cash flow
- Assist in month end closing
- Maintain Company’s Purchase/Work Order Database
- Match vendor invoices against purchase/work orders; analyze and resolve discrepancies
- Process month end accruals
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Work with property managers to prepare annual budget per property
- Annual filings
Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications including Yardi, QuickBooks, and Excel
- Proficient in data entry and management
- Good understanding of Property Management accounting
- 2 years general accounting experience
- Organizing and prioritizing
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Sense of urgency and ability to work under pressure
•Responsible for multi-state processing of payroll information and maintaining records
•Perform a wide variety of payroll administrative activities, including export of hours worked from time and labor system.
•Pre and post payroll balancing and controlling earnings and deduction totals.
•Processes pre and post validation of payroll processing in accordance to departmental internal controls and standards.
•Weekly inspection of system output such as payroll registers and standard reports for accuracy and completeness
•Determines and correct out of balance conditions
•Manual collection and batching of Time Records; computes wage, overtime payments and exceptions; and posts to payroll records
•Maintain employee database records regarding payroll related elections and/or deductions.
•Make weekly payroll transmissions accurately and on-time.
•Audit weekly transmissions, correcting errors promptly.
•Process requests for set up and change to Direct Deposit, including verification of account numbers and Transit/Routing numbers.
•Prepare periodic reports of earnings, taxes, deductions, benefits, salary and address; and all related payroll tasks.
•Process final wages for employee terminations according to state-by-state and company procedures.
•Processes requests for paycheck adjustments, as necessary.
•Calculates & Processes Special Pays (i.e. Fringe benefits, Qualified and Non-Qualified Moving Expenses, Supplemental Pay).
•Timely processing of Garnishments and Levies.
•Performs other payroll tax activities, including compliance with local, state and federal tax law.
•Respond to questions and special requests from employees, management, regulatory agencies, in researching laws and regulations regarding taxes and payroll withholding procedures, and in preparing special reports for senior management.
•Prepare quarterly W-2 reconciliation statements.
•Assist with special projects as necessary
•Strong ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment and ability to multi-task on a daily basis
•Must be able to work in a team environment of 7+ payroll team members
•Must have advanced PC skills in (Internet Explorer, Outlook, MS Office Excel, Word)
•Strong attention to detail & high accuracy rate a must
•Must have comprehensive knowledge of Human Resource and Payroll practices and procedures
•Strong customer service and interact in a professional manner with various functions and levels within the Organization
•Ability to work with minimal supervision while preserving the strict confidentiality of all data.
•Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical users
An L.A. based real estate investment firm specializing in land development and income producing residential properties is seeking a Financial Analyst who is responsible for a variety of tasks in the areas of real estate investments, finance, and asset management. You will learn and develop a broad range of financial, real estate underwriting, analytical, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Evaluate and screen potential acquisitions for match with company’s investment criteria.
- Gather property specific & market information by researching a variety of sources including industry, regulatory, and economic information, demographic data and property information.
- Communicate with brokers, property managers, owners and consultants to inform accurate property valuation.
- Assist in preparing initial asset level business plan, including documentation of strategy and forecast of financial performance.
- Prepare senior management and investors reporting packages, including actual-to-budget and forecast-to-budget variance analysis and cash forecasting.
Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Economics, or related field with 2 yrs of experience in acquisition and financial analysis, private equity, real estate investments or investment banking. Highly prefer multi- family real estate experience.
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
Real Estate Development & Investment Company is looking to add to staff a new position due to growth.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for leading real estate marketing campaigns and educate clients about the firm’s products and services.
- Responsible for team building
- Create policies and protocols within the marketing department
- Plan, develop, and execute marketing programs such as direct mailings, social media campaigns, client seminars, online webinars, and publicity events
- Design and direct the implementation of the marketing plan to meet organizational objectives
- Prepare and coordinate materials for real estate trade shows and promotional activites that target real estate funds, private equity companies, developers, investors, home builders, and owners
- Create sales collateral
- Oversee the marketing budget for the company and each individual
- Administering the client database and keep it up to date
- Establish and review department performance data to monitor and measure productivity, progress, and activity levels for marketing plans and projects
- Manage the whole marketing campaign process for new and existing real estate properties via various media outlets
- Establishes public relations and open communication with executive management, tenants, vendors, community leaders, and staff to develop marketing concepts and branding ideas
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Business Administration, or related field with strong record of academic achievement; MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of Marketing or Advertising experience, within the real estate industry would be a plus
- Must be proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SalesForce, and other software applications
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral communication skills
- Must be highly organized, proactive, sales-focused, and creative
- Outgoing and friendly personality, multi-tasker, creative problem solver
HUMAN RESOURCES & OFFICE MANAGER
Growing real estate investment firm seeks a reliable professional who has experience in various aspects of human resources and office management. Responsible for a variety of day-to-day duties including, but not limited to; office administration, recruitment, benefits administration, workers’ compensation, best practices, HR policies, performance reviews, training, etc. The right candidate must have the ability to handle confidential information with great sensitivity, be a clear and concise communicator, multi-task, and pay attention to detail in a fast-paced environment. They will have a strong working knowledge of all applicable HR state and federal laws and ensure compliance.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- General office administration.
- Maintenance of the corporate calendar.
- Assist the CEO with administrative tasks.
- Coach supervisors and managers with respect to performance evaluations to ensure consistency with company policy and best practices.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable Federal and State requirements.
- Maintain an up to day Employee Handbook, and update as necessary to ensure compliance with all local and Federal laws and regulations.
- Oversee benefits administration for employees.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in an HR role.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure, both independently and as part of a team.
HUMAN RESOURCES/OPERATIONS MANAGER
Reports to the COO in regards to all HR duties for staff of 20 at corporate and 80-100 total with 36 properties (both commercial and residential).
Responsible for all duties involved with human resources, including, processing of all new hires and terminations, all employee orientations and exit interviews; all online payroll administration through their HR Consulting Company, including the administration of Section 125 and familiarity with FSA and HSA benefits. Responsible for coordinating insurance renewals. Processing and maintaining all unemployment claims and worker’s compensation claims; compilation of the Employee Handbook by working closely with labor attorneys; attending seminars to keep abreast of new labor laws; organizing all company parties, special events, birthdays and anniversaries; maintenance of all employee files. Serve as member of the management team. Work closely with CEO and COO with regards to annual raises and employee reviews. Work with insurance brokers to determine the best possible medical/dental plan for the company. Employee relations and mediator for many employee related problems. Deal with government agencies for all garnishments and employee lawsuits.
V.P. of ACQUISITIONS- Los Angeles, and Las Vegas area
Financial Services Company involving commercial real estate & financing.
Salary: Base + Commission = 120-150K+ in 1st yr, Top Producers earn 150-200K annually. Some long term VP of Acquisitions earn 500K per year. Excellent benefits including 401K plan. Degree is a must, MBA+
To be successful must be self motivated, excellent follow up skills, develop outstanding rapport with people, and have a good understanding of finance, good with math, #’s. Industry experience preferred is commercial real estate, financial services, legal or banking.
The Sales Associate position is critical to the success of their company. As the driver of new business, this sales associate is responsible for:
- Developing, managing and accurately forecasting their own sales acquisition pipeline
- Generating new leads within their territory
- Contacting prospects from our database
- Managing their transactions from inception through closing
- Coordinating and directing all sales activities, including sales consulting resources used during the sales cycle
- Negotiating business terms according to corporate guidelines
- Exceeding monthly corporate standards and metrics
- Combo of inside and outside sales- travel to Western Region of U.S. as needed. Most business is local.
- Degree, MBA+
- Self generate leads and some leads are given. Appt. setters help with setting of appts.
- Strong training program with 90 days paired with a Sales Mgr, online training, and one on one training and on-going mentoring
- Minimum 3+ years of corporate sales experience
- Highly prefer experience in closing commercial real estate transactions or selling financial products
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills both on the phone and in person
- Ability to make effective presentations to high-net worth individuals
- Highly motivated, self-starter who can excel in an entrepreneurial environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a sales organization
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
LEASING MANAGER/COMMERCIAL PROPERTY MANAGER
Stable and reputable real estate investment/property management company in business over 40 yrs is looking for leasing experince with commercial property management experience and a Ca. Real Estate License.
• Preparation of annual budgets
• Recommends capital expenditures
• Coordinating marketing and leasing activities for commercial portfolio
• Responsible for all aspects of the physical oversight and fiscal responsibility to obtain the strongest net operating income possible
• Develop and maintain strategies for existing tenant PR to assure the continued success of each building through the renewal of existing leases at greater than current rents or market rents
• Coordinate and manage timely professional responses to each tenant issue that arises during the entire term of the lease and ensure that records of each issue and response are maintained
• Make sure administrative assistant maintains all files and records in an orderly manner
• Responsible for understanding assigned market areas
• Knowledge of other properties considered competition
• Knowledge of local business conditions and any other conditions that have an impact on the operation of assigned properties
• Are limited to signing contracts up to $1,500
• Should always obtain 3 proposals for contracts except if proposal is under $500.00
CLIENT SERVICES MANAGER/PROJECT MANAGER
Serves as the project manager leading the coordination of client deliverables throughout the customer lifecycle. The CSM collaborates with internal and external project teams to continually communicate service expectations, process changes, project status and any pertinent client business issues. Ultimately the CSM is accountable along with the Strategic Account Leader and Engagement Leader for creating a satisfied customer through providing a consistent level of customer service that is aligned with Company’s values and meets the objectives for each account on which they are assigned.
In addition to partnering with our clients, the CSM also partners with internal teams (Strategic Account Leader, Engagement Leader, Business Development, Operations & Client Solutions Group) to ensure implementation of strategic plan. The CSM ensures that deadlines are met and the flawless execution of all deliverables is achieved.
Facilitates initial planning meeting with project team to review and understand the scope and purpose of the engagement. Conducts client research and shares background information with the team.
- Conducts initial call with client contact to partner and educate them on the process and expectations.
- Partners with consultants and other departments to ensure success of client engagement.
- Accountable to ensure all client deliverable content, quality, schedules and cost are met.
- Acts as the primary liaison to the client contacts and internal staff regarding all aspects of engagements.
- Maximizes field consultant time delivering value added service to client.
- Schedules interviews, conference calls and appointments with client as needed.
- Understands contracts and project plans.
- Keeps the Strategic Account Leader informed about utilization and all other items having financial impact on the profitability of an account and takes action to ensure project profitability is maintained.
- Acts as the internal resource for the project team to answer questions regarding the client or the engagement.
- Coordinates/directs the design and inventory of custom materials with the client contact and internal team.
- Reviews monthly billing to ensure contract specifications are followed and invoices are accurate.
- The ability to build and maintain rapport with the clients, consultants and staff through mutual trust, respect and purpose.
- Extraordinary attention to detail and focus on quality in producing impeccable customer service.
- Superior organizing and planning skills to accomplish objectives within specified timeframes, manage large projects and monitor progress on all key client service deliverables.
- Facility with business acumen, and ability to comfortably discuss business issues at the C-Level. The ability to develop and present a project plan and structure interactions and deliverables to keep team focused and accountable.
- Knowledge about the objectives of the project and recommends workable solutions to problems.
- The ability to clearly articulate ideas, opinions, feelings, and information in conversations so that business objectives are achieved and the needs of the customers are met.
- The ability to understand strategic goals and determine tactically how to achieve them.
- Understands project management practices and procedures.
- Prior to initial contact with each client, can research and partner with consultants to demonstrate a deep understanding of the client’s business and the planned structure of the consulting engagement.
- Has the ability to influence others through positive/accountable approaches.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years leadership experience; or Master’s Degree and 3+ years leadership experience.
- Initiative leadership, including leading change in multiple functions or units.
- Exposure to large organization’s and their concepts and practices